We are looking to hire a clerical assistant who is qualified for and interested in working in a banking institution. The general duties of this position include all tasks related to preparing and logging documents for processing.
It will include data entry and balancing of bank transactions through an image-based system. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determines necessary action to correct errors and makes adjustments to customer accounts.
- Operates scanning equipment.
- Acts as a resource with troubleshooting via phone and email, and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely escalation of all Item Processing production issues to the Item Processing lead or manager.
- Ensures completion of department production logs.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank’s written policies
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED
- College or advanced relevant training a real plus
- Minimum 1 -2 year banking experience or equivalent.
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills.
- Strong written, verbal communication skills via the phone and email required
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use basic office equipment and 10-key by touch.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work independently.
- PC literate in Excel, Word, Outlook and Windows.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
- Outlook: 1 year (Preferred)
- Regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Transaction: 1 year (Preferred)
- 10 Key Calculator: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules